Forum Wiki SponsorShop
28 June 2017, 19:30:22 English Nederlands *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leden hebben meer voordelen dus registreer je snel als lid!! Voordelen van een registratie zijn oa: Zelf kunnen posten op het forum - mogelijkheid van emailnotificatie als er een reactie is op een je eigen posting - mogelijkheid van email notificatie op een nieuwe posting op een onderwerp van een ander dat je wilt vervolgen - private mail kunnen ontvangen en verzenden naar andere forum gebruikers - overzicht van nog niet gelezen postings - toegang tot lezen en plaatsen van berichten in het vraag&aanbod forum -

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Sleep Blockers but won't sleep  (Read 3318 times)
SethPF

« on: 25 October 2013, 21:48:37 »

Love MST!  I built 2 computers a few weeks ago and MST was invaluable in helping me solve the insomnia issues.  powercfg -requests listed "/FileSystem/srvnet" as a device blocking sleep, while MST reported it as "Driver [J]".  I avoided using requestsoverride as long as possible but when I finally caved my computer went to sleep according to the set profile....at least for an extended period of time.  For the last week, my computer just simply will not go to sleep on its own.  Manually pressing the sleep button will put them to sleep but only for a few seconds and, again, it will never go to sleep by itself.  The same thing shows up when I type powercfg -requests and on the Windows Idle tab the "Program(s) are blocking sleep" reads No.  The only difference is that instances of "Driver [J]" when I click show sleep blockers in MST have multiplied.  Here's a pic of what I mean: pastebin.com/mDQ6Crkf

Anybody have any extra info on what Driver J is? or how else to trouble shoot this?  I've set the PC to sleep after 1 minute but the "Time Idle" measurement and "Time til Sleep" timer inside MST will go about 30 seconds past 1 minute before "Time til Sleep" and "System Idleness" read Disabled.  And again this whole time "Programs preventing Sleep" reads No.  Please help!
Al eens gekeken in de "degroeneknop sponsorshop"?
Met de aanschaf van artikel uit de sponsorshop steun je het DGK initiatief en voor de prijs hoef je het niet te laten want die is gunstig!

DigitalDevices DVB tuners KeuzeBundel
(black) MediaCenter AB set - 29 eur.

dus check snel
www.degroeneknop.nl/sponsorshop/
SethPF

« Reply #1 on: 4 November 2013, 19:46:29 »

I finally fixed this by closing every program I could that had an icon in the System Tray...and voila! the PC was able to sleep on its own.  It turned out to be Belvedere, which I overlooked cause its on the other PC that was sleeping fine.  Turned out to be a few extra commands to clean up the download folder.  I removed all folders and actions and slowing added them back in to find the culprit/fix.

I would still love to know exactly WHAT Driver [J] is and why the number of instances that "show sleep blockers" picks up fluctuates so wildly, but a good take away is that apparently programs/processes in the System Tray can keep the PC from sleeping but not show up with powercfg -requests...
deanb2

« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2014, 21:56:20 »

In my case, it was the Seagate Dashboard Agent.
Thanks for the hint to check the system tray programs.

Dean
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Dedicated Server Managed Colocatie VPS Webhosting + domeinnamen Domeinnaam registraties Linux beheer, server clustering, backup oplossingen