Forum Wiki SponsorShop
27 April 2018, 08:33:19 English Nederlands *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leden hebben meer voordelen dus registreer je snel als lid!! Voordelen van een registratie zijn oa: Zelf kunnen posten op het forum - mogelijkheid van emailnotificatie als er een reactie is op een je eigen posting - mogelijkheid van email notificatie op een nieuwe posting op een onderwerp van een ander dat je wilt vervolgen - private mail kunnen ontvangen en verzenden naar andere forum gebruikers - overzicht van nog niet gelezen postings - toegang tot lezen en plaatsen van berichten in het vraag&aanbod forum -

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCE Standby Tool 0.9.100 - Beta testing  (Read 60836 times)
hveijk
Guru

« on: 9 July 2010, 15:29:28 »

This version is able to respect custom executables and does not suspend if one of them is running. They can be entered by creating a registry value at the following location:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Herman van Eijk\MceStandbyTool\Non Idle Applications

The name does not matter, the value should be the name of the executable. MST needs a restart to activate new values.

I already included values for TMT and the WHS backup.

PowerDVD cannot be handled this way, the executable keeps running after the movie has ended. More work is needed.

If any of you works out executables that are related to mediacenter use please post them here, I will include them in a next version.

This version also is able to respect custom network sessions and does not suspend if one of them is in use. They can be entered just like the custom executables by creating a registry value at the following locations:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Herman van Eijk\MceStandbyTool\Non Idle Networksessions

To figure out which sessions are in use open a command prompt with administrator rights and execute the following command:

net sessions

A value for homegroup sharing is already defined, so MST will not suspend the system when another PC plays recordings from it.

I also have added te RunOnDisplayOn and RunOnDisplayOff events.

Download from here.

Have fun,

Herman

« Last Edit: 9 July 2010, 15:50:33 by hveijk » Logged

Slick Solutions (subforum) - MCE Standby Tool, LEDSdriver, Slick Radio
Al eens gekeken in de "degroeneknop sponsorshop"?
Met de aanschaf van artikel uit de sponsorshop steun je het DGK initiatief en voor de prijs hoef je het niet te laten want die is gunstig!

DigitalDevices DVB tuners KeuzeBundel
(black) MediaCenter AB set - 29 eur.

dus check snel
www.degroeneknop.nl/sponsorshop/
wuwa
Standaard

« Reply #1 on: 9 July 2010, 16:59:01 »

Nice additional options, works great!
motocrossmann
Standaard

« Reply #2 on: 12 July 2010, 18:46:35 »

I also have added te RunOnDisplayOn and RunOnDisplayOff events.

Wow, thanks hveijk!!!   Look for a donation to be used on your choice of libation.   Paypal should have a "donate beer" option, that allows you to decide how many beers to buy, and then convert the currencies to compensate...   smile
hveijk
Guru

« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2010, 20:58:40 »

Wow, thanks hveijk!!!   Look for a donation to be used on your choice of libation.   Paypal should have a "donate beer" option, that allows you to decide how many beers to buy, and then convert the currencies to compensate...   smile

I will soon pay a visit to the La chouffe brewery (Belgium), so you bet the donation will be spend properly bier!

bing281

« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2010, 18:26:41 »

When I install this version it never runs or shows up in the task bar.  But when I install version 099 it works fine.  I don't have any errors in my manager and when I try to run the program by double clicking in the program files folder it doesn't run.  Restart does not help.

bing
bschmidt

« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2010, 19:25:18 »

Hi thx for the tool from DK, donation coming up :-)

I have the 09100 up and running fine but i dont get the strings below in the regestry, does anyone have a solution for me? Or maybe just a hint in the right direction.

Open the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Herman van Eijk\MceStandbyTool

Here you will find two values (strings):

RunAtSuspend
    RunAtResume

Here you can enter the executable or script (including the full path).

My system is : w7 64bit

BS
bschmidt

« Reply #6 on: 18 July 2010, 22:38:17 »

Hi thx for the tool from DK, donation coming up :-)

I have the 09100 up and running fine but i dont get the strings below in the regestry, does anyone have a solution for me? Or maybe just a hint in the right direction.

Open the registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Herman van Eijk\MceStandbyTool

Here you will find two values (strings):

RunAtSuspend
    RunAtResume

Here you can enter the executable or script (including the full path).

My system is : w7 64bit

BS
Nice on......

Because of running 64bit OS the place for the keys are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Herman van Eijk\MceStandbyTool

I have filled in a program that sends magick packet to my NAS in keys:

RunOnAutoResume
RunOnAwayResume
RunOnReboot
RunOnInterfaceResume
RunOnUserResume

And it works like a charm.

BS
« Last Edit: 18 July 2010, 22:40:43 by bschmidt » Logged
motocrossmann
Standaard

« Reply #7 on: 19 July 2010, 18:10:47 »

I'm occasionally getting a dialog box saying "Failed to meet unblank requirements".   The message does not seem to affect performance though.   Great release, BTW!

Edit:
The message seem to appear on resume from standby.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2010, 21:47:34 by motocrossmann » Logged
ashleypride

« Reply #8 on: 22 July 2010, 22:59:58 »

I've also seen the "Failed to meet unblank requirements" error (there were 3 of them) after a resume. Majority of time it doesn't happen.

Polyphemus

« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2010, 18:58:55 »

Hi Herman,

I would just let you know, that under W7 x64, the auto-login option doesn't work. I can fill in my credentials, but after a reboot, Windows prompts me for my username/password.

I don't know if it's mentioned before.

Regards,

Patrick (also Dutch  biggrin)
Davey126

« Reply #10 on: 1 August 2010, 04:33:36 »

Great tool - I have been using 0.9.099 for several weeks - exceptionally helpful resolving long standing sleep/resume problems. Thank you, thank you!

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful getting the 9.9.100 GUI to launch on XP (Professional SP3 32-bit). Only one record is written to the log which apparently remained enabled from the prior version: "MCE Standby Tool/frontend closed". I reinstalled 0.9.099 which runs fine.

I realize XP is a dying platform but felt I should report my findings anyhow.

Best,
Dave

hveijk
Guru

« Reply #11 on: 11 August 2010, 18:11:03 »

bing281, Davey126

When I install this version it never runs or shows up in the task bar.  But when I install version 099 it works fine.  I don't have any errors in my manager and when I try to run the program by double clicking in the program files folder it doesn't run.  Restart does not help.

Unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful getting the 9.9.100 GUI to launch on XP (Professional SP3 32-bit). Only one record is written to the log which apparently remained enabled from the prior version: "MCE Standby Tool/frontend closed". I reinstalled 0.9.099 which runs fine.
I have not been able to reproduce this, any other clues that might help on isolating this issue?

Did you try re-downloading this version?
Did you try to run without installing?
Any antivirus getting in the way?
What the language of the Windows your using?

motocrossmann, ashleypride

I'm occasionally getting a dialog box saying "Failed to meet unblank requirements".   The message does not seem to affect performance though.   Great release, BTW!

This is often caused by not being able to re-start eHome. The main cause for this is the limited time MST has to close eHome when suspending. If MST is not able to close MST at suspend this might cause issues at resume.

Try to optimize the closing of eHome by limiting the close time of eHome. Removing plug-ins and additional software might help.

Polyphemus

I would just let you know, that under W7 x64, the auto-login option doesn't work.

I will look into this, I will might start using the OS its own dialog for this.

motocrossmann
Standaard

« Reply #12 on: 17 August 2010, 18:33:11 »

This is often caused by not being able to re-start eHome. The main cause for this is the limited time MST has to close eHome when suspending. If MST is not able to close MST at suspend this might cause issues at resume.

Try to optimize the closing of eHome by limiting the close time of eHome. Removing plug-ins and additional software might help.

Yeah, that makes sense.   Unfortunately I'm running software called DVBlink for HDPVR which sometimes makes it slow to exit ehome.   Since I can't dump the DVBlink software (if I do, i lose HD!), I may just turn off MST's ehome start/stop function.   If I understand correctly, this might cause MST to mistake an automated resume for a user requested resume and cause the machine not to sleep as quickly after the automated task is complete, correct?
H8Red

« Reply #13 on: 20 August 2010, 09:14:59 »

Hi

Thanks for the new version.
I resently made a new build of 7MC on a core i3 platform.
So I installed the new version 0.9.99 and now the 0.9.100 (used to run the 0.9.98 version)

But I have some strange occurances.
I have it set up as following:
Stop on suspend, start always (i need the stop of ehome, otherwise my floppydtv card won´t work)
Suspend delay 3 sec.
Ehome start delay 2 sec.

Sometimes when I resume, I can see the taskbar below the blank image, ehome is definately not running.
But then i noticed that the mce gui was slightly to the left position on my screen.
So i closed the mce frontend.
Right away it started itself again Huh

I checked the log and saw an entry just after I closed the frontend, saying .. ehome finally closed...

It seems like it wasn´t closed allthough I couldn´t see it on the taskbar as stated earlier.

This new version, does it also close the ehrecvr service?
On the .98 version I needed a bat file to stop the service (to get the floppydtv card to work)

Just wondering if I should return to that version.

rasmuskarlsen

« Reply #14 on: 23 August 2010, 21:41:45 »

Can this program be used if im downloading a torrent? So the computer will not suspend if it's downloading? (Through net session) ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Dedicated Server Managed Colocatie VPS Webhosting + domeinnamen Domeinnaam registraties Linux beheer, server clustering, backup oplossingen