Forum Wiki SponsorShop
23 April 2018, 03:46:58 English Nederlands *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leden hebben meer voordelen dus registreer je snel als lid!! Voordelen van een registratie zijn oa: Zelf kunnen posten op het forum - mogelijkheid van emailnotificatie als er een reactie is op een je eigen posting - mogelijkheid van email notificatie op een nieuwe posting op een onderwerp van een ander dat je wilt vervolgen - private mail kunnen ontvangen en verzenden naar andere forum gebruikers - overzicht van nog niet gelezen postings - toegang tot lezen en plaatsen van berichten in het vraag&aanbod forum -

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCE Standby Tool 0.9.094 on Windows 7  (Read 194303 times)
free30

« Reply #135 on: 6 January 2010, 21:22:31 »

'Win Idle' page,  'Time remaining until suspend'.  There is a count down then when it should sleep it just says Disabled where the timer was.

OK, this page is there mend to debug the idle detection of Windows itself, not to configure it!

Use the power options from the control panel to enable this detection.

The MST idle detection can be configured through the "idle" an "Auto task" tabs.

Thanks Hveijk,
But all setting are set to sleep and override anything stopping it, but it will not sleep after the timer has run out.

It's DVBLink software stopping sleep.  Wish they would sort out their software and I wouldn't need to hassle you guys.

I've noticed that my machine running RC Win7 there is 'Processor Power Management' under advance power management and on my machine running Retail Win7 it is not there.

Anyhow thanks for any help specool
Al eens gekeken in de "degroeneknop sponsorshop"?
Met de aanschaf van artikel uit de sponsorshop steun je het DGK initiatief en voor de prijs hoef je het niet te laten want die is gunstig!

DigitalDevices DVB tuners KeuzeBundel
(black) MediaCenter AB set - 29 eur.

dus check snel
www.degroeneknop.nl/sponsorshop/
cuxbahh

« Reply #136 on: 16 January 2010, 03:22:50 »

@ cuxbahh:

What sleep state are you using?
S3
Selcal
Standaard

« Reply #137 on: 16 January 2010, 22:12:14 »

DVBLink shouldn't stop the system from going to sleep with the 'Ignore applications [...]' option enabled. It certainly doesn't stop it here, and I know several other installations where MST can put a DVBLink system to sleep.

The new DVBLink TvSource v2 (beta) has solved this problem anyway. It may be worth to upgrade if you think the problem is caused by DVBLink.
nujabe

« Reply #138 on: 18 January 2010, 15:41:01 »

Your mcestandby tool is very useful, i always used it with vista mce, and now, i have win7, and i have made a donation for the development of the application, if you make this application commercial, i buy it anytime!

Hey everybody don`t let go this guy with his great application, don`t hesitate to make a little donation.
geku

« Reply #139 on: 24 January 2010, 12:56:35 »

Hi Herman,

running v98 and no propblems with the FloppyDTV-S2 TV card. So everything is fine from that end.

One thing I noticed is the following:

Under VISTA, MST would wake the system for a recording and the monitor would display whatever is on there. After a short while the monitor timeout would kick in and switch the monitor off (no backlight). That's what I want because it saves maximum energy.

Under Win7, with version 98 MST displays a "black screen" when it wakes the system for a recording. The issue (at least for me) is, that the system never reaches the monitor timeout and the backlight stays on.

Can I configure this to show the previous behaviour?

Thanks, Georg
Selcal
Standaard

« Reply #140 on: 24 January 2010, 22:03:40 »

Just a note for everyone who is waiting for support for Totalmedia Theatre or PowerDVD, so that the MST Standby Tool does not set the system to standby, here is a fairly simple workaround to at least watch the movies without having to go into MST settings, so you can stay on the couch smile :

(optional for extra simpleness):
Download Media Center Studio at http://adventmediacenter.com/, install it and run it (exit Media center for this).
Go to the "Start Menu" tab.
At the bottom of the window there is an "Entry Points" line which you can open with the down arrow, do this.
Four all four items there that are from Arcsoft (you can see by the logo), or if you have PowerDVD, it's items there:
    Double-click to open the item in a tab
    In the field "When launched, do the following:", set the option to "Pause the currently playing media"
    Save the item using the small disk item in the top toolbar, and close the tab
When all items are done, save the main menu using the save icon in the toolbar again, and close Media Center Studio.

Now, before you go and watch a Blu-ray or any other movie using TMT or PDVD:
Start any MediaCenter item, you can choose a music song, start a photo slideshow, go into Live TV or play a recorded TV, start a video, anything
(If you HAVEN'T done the steps above, pause the playback.)
Switch to the main menu (DON'T *STOP* what you're playing, it should still be in the 'Now Playing' line).
Start PowerDVD/TMT, either by it's menu icon, or by inserting a disc. (If you have done the above steps, the playback in the background will automatically pause, so sound and CPU use will stop for you.)

(background:) Since the playback of whatever you started will now be paused, MST will see Mediacenter as not idle, and it will not put your HTPC to standby.

When you're finished with your movie, don't forget to just stop whatever you started in mediacenter before the movie, so that the system will automatically standby again.

Hope it can help someone! (at least a little).
Tester

« Reply #141 on: 1 February 2010, 17:30:37 »

Selcal,
Thanks for the tip...  Interestingly enough, I can watch a full movie with Powerdvd without this tip and the system does not go into sleep.
However, when I use the AutoRip plugin ( see Green Button plugins ), it will go into sleep unless I do something.  I will try your tip while using AutoRip and report back.

Thanks
Tester
JohnnyC

« Reply #142 on: 6 February 2010, 22:02:05 »

Hello,

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1800 tuner and an ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO motherboard running Windows 7.  When the computer first starts up, everything works as expected, but after the computer wakes from sleeping, I get a "No TV Signal" message when trying to view any channel.  I downloaded your program, but couldn't find any settings that seemed to make a difference.  In my BIOS, I have my power settings at S3.  Any ideas what I might try?

Thanks!
Stiggy

« Reply #143 on: 19 February 2010, 08:44:02 »

Can we please have a link for the latest stable version for the Windows 7 version of the MCE Tool? It is getting very hard to find!
blackEyEz

« Reply #144 on: 25 February 2010, 16:39:03 »

Where is the windows 7 beta? could someone post a link straight to the file, please

Thank you
Borri
Guru

« Reply #145 on: 25 February 2010, 18:05:05 »

Look in Reply #87 on page 6 of this thread.

Antec NSK2480, Asus P5K-VM, Intel C2D E6750, 2 Gb DDR2, 160 Gb HDD, Club3D Theatron DTS, E30Plus + PVR-150MCE, Windows7 Ultimate 32bit,
Cordless Mediaboard Pro, Harmony One,
Xbox360, WHS.
KleMC
« Reply #146 on: 4 March 2010, 21:46:55 »

Hi Herman,

thanks a lot for the W7 beta, I have been a fan of MST (and a donator) since the Vista times. One thing I noticed after a few months of testing v0.9.098: whilst waking up for a recording and going back to sleep afterwards works perfectly, pressing standby during an ongoing recording does not lead to the machine going into standby after the recording is finished (the screen goes black and sound goes mute presumably going into away mode, but this stays). I am now playing with the user idle setting, but this is something that definately worked in Vista - maybe you have time to correct this for the next version...

The only other problem I had was pressing the green button whilst a scheduled recording was going on (ie waking up for the recording). The screen stayed black and I could not continue in Media Center (either I had to reset the computer or wait for the recording to finish).

thanks again, hope to see a final release soon and keep up the good work,
KleMC
str

« Reply #147 on: 4 April 2010, 23:42:07 »

Hi,

Does anybody know how to uninstall MCE Standby Tool ?
I installed the program to get the computer to go to S3 sleep / hibernate mode.
It didn't work the discs is still spinning. Instaed it now takes forever to start up. I uninstalled the program in windows but the machine still takes forever to start up, please can anybody help me ?

/STR
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Dedicated Server Managed Colocatie VPS Webhosting + domeinnamen Domeinnaam registraties Linux beheer, server clustering, backup oplossingen