Forum Wiki SponsorShop
22 October 2017, 01:16:11 English Nederlands *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Leden hebben meer voordelen dus registreer je snel als lid!! Voordelen van een registratie zijn oa: Zelf kunnen posten op het forum - mogelijkheid van emailnotificatie als er een reactie is op een je eigen posting - mogelijkheid van email notificatie op een nieuwe posting op een onderwerp van een ander dat je wilt vervolgen - private mail kunnen ontvangen en verzenden naar andere forum gebruikers - overzicht van nog niet gelezen postings - toegang tot lezen en plaatsen van berichten in het vraag&aanbod forum -

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Using the HDD or power LED without extra hardware!  (Read 47393 times)
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #15 on: 25 May 2009, 15:39:24 »

Thanks, will do.
Al eens gekeken in de "degroeneknop sponsorshop"?
Met de aanschaf van artikel uit de sponsorshop steun je het DGK initiatief en voor de prijs hoef je het niet te laten want die is gunstig!

DigitalDevices DVB tuners KeuzeBundel
(black) MediaCenter AB set - 29 eur.

dus check snel
www.degroeneknop.nl/sponsorshop/
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #16 on: 25 May 2009, 16:00:39 »

Hi,

The new version corrected the single-led bug.
Ship it  biggrin
hveijk
Guru

« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2009, 21:23:33 »

The new version corrected the single-led bug.
Ship it  biggrin

I did, 0.9.020 is out.

Slick Solutions (subforum) - MCE Standby Tool, LEDSdriver, Slick Radio
bartsidee

« Reply #18 on: 26 May 2009, 15:13:50 »

Is it possible to connect a second led to the motherboards com connector? I want to connect both my powerled and my HHD led to it
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #19 on: 16 June 2009, 16:10:56 »

Hi,

Ignore the above. Not sure why (I'm sure the reinatall helped), but after another reboot, the "Single LED (normally off)" device reappeared. This was not actually present when I was troubleshooting this -- it had been a while since I needed to mess with these settings smile.

Please come back on this it it happenes again. I might need to loosen the detection timings a litte.

It happened again... the Single LED (normally off) device went missing and it defaulted to COM1. I noticed it reverted to the default behaviors as well (extender in use, etc.). Let me know if you need more info.... using the latest version with Vista Ultimate 32-bit. No other changes that I'm aware of, other than the Cumulative Media Center Update (KB967632) that was delivered on 6/14 -- the timing is right for this to have broken it.

Edit: 2 reboots and the device will not reappear.  Sad
« Last Edit: 16 June 2009, 16:41:13 by ACraigL » Logged
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #20 on: 18 June 2009, 04:27:05 »

hveijk properly diagnosed the issue with the device not appearing. I did not realize that jumpers could be bad, but I must have had a bad one. I replaced the jumper and now I'm back in business. Hopefully this will help someone else as well.

Thanks, hveijk! Great app.
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #21 on: 11 March 2010, 04:26:55 »

Planning on upgradibf my motherboard, but hate to go without my trusty LEDsDriver!
Moving to the MSI 785-GTM-E45. The Serial header looks indentical, but though you could take a look to be sure?

Thanks!
hveijk
Guru

« Reply #22 on: 11 March 2010, 12:44:30 »

Planning on upgradibf my motherboard, but hate to go without my trusty LEDsDriver!
Moving to the MSI 785-GTM-E45. The Serial header looks indentical, but though you could take a look to be sure?

Thanks!

MSI uses the same layout for the serial port so you can use the same setup.

Since version 0.9.022 you can even connect both the HDD and power LED to the internal serial port at the same time without soldering!

Use the following connections for that:

Place the jumper between pin 7 and 9.

HDD LED -   -->  COM pin 5 (GND)
HDD LED +   -->   COM pin 3 (TXD or SOUT)
Power LED -   -->   COM pin 4 (DTR)
Power LED +   -->   USB header pin 7 or 8 (GND)

The power LED + should be connected to a GND pin. Since the serial port header only has one you need to take it from somewhere else. A spare USB header often is a perfect candidate for that!

This requires the wires of the LED both to have their own connector, not a single connector that holds both wires. Most power LEDs are wired like this nowadays.

ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #23 on: 11 March 2010, 13:14:05 »

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunatly, my case has a molex connector for the power led. I could mod it, but I'm pretty happy with the HDD led as a single indicator, it not really worth to me.

Thanks again!
dymomat

« Reply #24 on: 14 March 2010, 22:53:17 »

specool
Works perfectly.

A small feature request is the possibility to control the state (eg. blink,fast blink etc) in userevents from the command line - is it possible to add ?
hveijk
Guru

« Reply #25 on: 16 March 2010, 12:35:05 »

specool
Works perfectly.

Are you referring tot the 2 LED setup or the MSI serial port?

A small feature request is the possibility to control the state (eg. blink,fast blink etc) in userevents from the command line - is it possible to add ?

You should use multiple userevents for that. Let me know if there is a need for more userevents.

dymomat

« Reply #26 on: 16 March 2010, 20:13:18 »

The 2 LED setup - thanks for that.

It would be nice if you could some more userevents smile
ACraigL
Standaard

« Reply #27 on: 18 March 2010, 22:08:02 »

Confirming it works great with the MSI 785-GTM-E45  specool

Thanks for an awesome product. I'm currently using the HDD LED, but as I mentioned above, my power LED is a molex connector. I always left this unplugged because it is excessively bright and couldn't connect it for used with LEDsdriver. I recently found online a 4-pin molex to 2 pin header adapter cable. Now I'm thinking it may be a good recording indicator due to its larger size and app controlled intensity adjustment.

I'll post back when I get it and let you know how it worked. In the meantime, the new motherboard is working great using the HDD.
FranX78
Pro

« Reply #28 on: 7 May 2010, 19:19:57 »

I tried ledsdriver today for the first time (without resistor on a internal COM connector on a Asus mainboard.

"And it works as a train  Wink"

thanx

Gr Frank
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Dedicated Server Managed Colocatie VPS Webhosting + domeinnamen Domeinnaam registraties Linux beheer, server clustering, backup oplossingen